ADSM-L

Re: Problem backing up a client

2002-05-09 18:40:56
Subject: Re: Problem backing up a client
From: Alex Woick <alex AT WOMBAZ.ROBIN DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 00:20:25 +0200
> > the system object : event log.  When an attempt is made to backup
the
> > object the client crashes until the schedule fails.  When this
problem
> > started the server was running client version 4.1.2.14, I have
upgraded to
> > client version 4.2.1.32 and the problem still occurs.

I experienced a similar problem. I only found out that the problem is
somewhere during the backup of the systemobject. I never found out on
which individual file the client crashed. I then renamed the filespace
(\\<machine>\c$) and the next time the backup was ok (it backed up the
whole drive, of course). But during the next backup, the client crashed
again.
Then I moved the DOMAIN SYSTEMOBJECT to the beginning of the list of
domains, and since then it works. Previously, that statement it was the
last domain statement.
The working domain list looks like that:

DOMAIN "systemobject"
DOMAIN "C:"
DOMAIN "D:"
DOMAIN "E:"