ADSM-L

Re: dsmc via cmdline

2002-05-09 18:07:49
Subject: Re: dsmc via cmdline
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ZANTAZ DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:10:22 -0700
No..  normally when you first install the client on linux, even with
passwordaccess generate you must initially run dsmc and perform a query or
something such that it asks for your login and password. Once done, it saves
the password in an encrypted file and won't ask you again in the future.

I'm trying to automate the install and start the dsmc process without having
to have some user start it once to set the password. Isn't there a way to
run dsmc and specify the password from the commandline e.g. if you have a
ksh/perl script that calls dsmc in it such that you can specify the password
as an argument to perform an operation?  E.g. I want a script to do a "dsmc
I" but I also don't want my client to be in passwordaccess generate mode.

With dsmadmc you can specify a login and password as argument (e.g. "dsmadmc
-id=admin -pa=admin 'q stg'").. I want to do something similar with dsmc..
Regards,
Regards,

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer