ADSM-L

Re: comments on disk storage plan

2002-05-09 11:19:39
Subject: Re: comments on disk storage plan
From: Rich Brohl <rbrohl AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:04:46 -0600
Chris,

I would create a "stripped logical volume"  using as many disk as possible
(the more the better) in the Volume Group.  Also, do not create a
filesystem just leave the Logical Volume in the Volume Group.  This will
keep you from having to deal with the AIX JFS overhead.  When you define
your volumes to the disk storage pool point it to the (r)logical volume
name.  For instance if you create a logical volume in the volume group
named tsmstg1lv, then in TSM define you volume /dev/rstmstg1lv  to the disk
storage pool. This will give you some awesome throughput.

On the flip side when you do your migration to tape you will be doing
mostly sequential reads from the disk storage pools so the can keep the
tape drive(s)  running at max write speed.

Rich Brohl
ISM Support
Tie Line      547-9317
Direct  303-693-4969
Pager 888-524-9030

chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 05/09/2002 08:46:02
AM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>