ADSM-L

SUN FC HBA adapter

2002-05-09 09:22:01
Subject: SUN FC HBA adapter
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:31:45 +0200
Helo *SM-ers
In my test environment I am trying to connect TSM server on Solaris to
SAN-attached SCSI library Compaq TL891. My environment is as follows:

TSM server 4.2.1.9 on Sun Solaris 2.8 with Sun PCI FC HBA (OEM of Qlogic
2200) - part No. X6799A with device driver Qlogic FCA Driver v0.40.5.
Library contains one Quantum DLT7000 drive and is attached to Crossroads
4250. TSM server and Crossroads are attached to FC switch Brocade
Silkworm.

In Solaris I can see DLT drive and Library, but when I try to use TSM
device driver (using command "add_drv mt") it runs without any error
messages, but it does not create special device file in directory
/dev/rmt.

Does anyone of you, guys, have gone through this with success? If yes, can
you please share your configuration and versions of device drivers,
firmware and so on?
I am also going to ask Tivoli support if Sun FC HBA has already been
tested with TSM.

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava