ADSM-L

Re: SQL question on date manipulation

2002-05-08 13:22:51
Subject: Re: SQL question on date manipulation
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 12:22:34 -0500
select distinct filespace_name, archive_date, class_name from archives where
node_name='some_node' order by archive_date asc

Works, but then you have a distinct record for every seond of the date
because of the timestamp format...

select distinct filespace_name, DATE(archive_date), class_name from archives
where
node_name='some_node' order by archive_date asc

doesn't work, because
ANR2964E The reference 'ARCHIVE_DATE' is not a colume of the SQL result
table.

select distinct filespace_name, DATE(archive_date), class_name from archives
where
node_name='some_node' order by DATE(archive_date) asc

Doesn't work because it's not valid in the ORDER BY clause...

ANR2904E Unexpected SQL key word token - 'DATE'

My SQL skills aren't that strong, so I must be missing something blatantly
obvious...