ADSM-L

SQL question on date manipulation

2002-05-08 12:30:51
Subject: SQL question on date manipulation
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:29:55 -0500
OK, here's a question for you SQL super-guru types...

I want to extract the oldest and newest dates from the archives table for a
particular node...

What I'm looking for is a distinct record for every filespace in every
domain with the oldest (and newest, in a separate query) archive_date
matching a particular node ...

select filespace_name, archive_date, class_name from archives where
node_name='some_node'

How do I get the oldest and newest dates calculated for archive_date?
or calculate the min to max range with the result in a date display format?