ADSM-L

Re: device class ? dev type=server

2002-05-07 13:09:44
Subject: Re: device class ? dev type=server
From: Nici Albrecht <nici AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:08:28 -0500
This device class points to a server that is being used to store "virtual
volumes" which will be seen as archive files on the server that this is
pointing to.

Nici

At 12:00 PM 5/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:
I have a device set up as follows:  Can anyone help me determine what
tapes are associated with this device class.  This dev class does not show
up in a "Q Vol" command.  I suspect it has to do with
the fact that the DEV TYPE=SERVER.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  thx.

        Device Class Name: VLDB-VVOL
        Device Access Strategy: Sequential
        Storage Pool Count: 0
        Last Update by (administrator): TGADSRJ
        Last Update Date/Time: 03/18/2002 16:00:18
        Device Type: Server
        Maximum Capacity (MB): 20,480.0
        Estimated Capacity (MB):
        Dataset Name Prefix: ADSM