ADSM-L

Re: open file

2002-05-06 17:51:51
Subject: Re: open file
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:52:01 -0400
What about backing up the tsmsched.log while running backup??

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

                      Gerald Wichmann
                      <gwichman@ZANTAZ.        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  open file
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/06/2002 05:48
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

How do you simulate an open file on linux? I've tried creating a simple
script and then in a 2nd ssh session, loading it in via so it's "open" but
tsm comes right along and backs it up no prob.. I've also tried making an
executable script that just loops infinitely and it backs that up no
problem
too.

Gerald Wichmann
Sr. Systems Development Engineer