ADSM-L

Re: number of clients poll

2002-05-03 10:12:06
Subject: Re: number of clients poll
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 10:12:24 -0400
Our largest TSM server backs up about 30 medium-sized servers and 425
workstations.

Total data ~ 150 GB/day.  Largest client sends 18 GB/day, Oracle TDP sends
about 12 GB/day, the rest is all small files.

TSM server is a very ordinary RS6000 F50, with a mixture of SSA and SCSI
disk, 1GB memory.
STK9840 tape.

Clients are 100MB Ethernet, servers are a mixture of 100MB and GB Ethernet.
(Although we have seen NO benefit so far to putting a GB Ethernet card in a
Windows client - anybody know why?)

TSM DB is 26.5 GB used.
If I were not running reclaims all the time, the F50 would never even
breathe hard.

I consider this "medium size" for a TSM install.