ADSM-L

compress setup question

2002-05-02 23:40:21
Subject: compress setup question
From: Julie Xu <j.xu AT UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 13:30:44 +1000
Dear adsmer,

we have setup our adsm server version 3.1.2 for all the client to compress
depend no client.
        Compression: Client's Choice

Our client do not want the choice and they want me to setup compress at
server end.

Before I do it, I would like to get advice about:
1. For WinNT servers, the force compress will cause problem at time of
backup/restory?
2. The reason they do not like to make decision about compress is that some
machine is ok to compress;
some will get error as "no space on server". Can it be avoided by setup
compress on server?
3. What is the petiential problem related adsm server setup force compress.

Regards

Julie

Julie Xu

Unix/Network Administrator
Information Technology Directorate
University of Westen Sydney, Campbelltown
Campbelltown NSW 2560

Phone: 61 02 4620-3098
Mobile: 0416 179 868
Email: j.xu AT uws.edu DOT au