ADSM-L

Re: MAC OS X question

2002-05-02 13:52:45
Subject: Re: MAC OS X question
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:52:58 -0600
I see similar problems.  Since I had seen few comments like this about TSM
Scheduler on Mac OS X, I figured my problem was my ignorance of the Mac
environment in general, and OS X in particular.

I have an iMac where I installed OS X.  I removed all the TSM client stuff
from the OS 9 environment.  Installed TSM 5.1, which comes with the OS 9
Backup Client and Scheduler.  Placed TSM Mac X Scheduler Daemon in System
Preferences Personal Login Items, as instructed.

This causes the TSM OS 9 Scheduler to start.  I can see it in the Dock.  It
fails however, with an error, to the effect not to run a Classic
Application in OS X environment.

So I trash all the TSM OS 9 Backup Client and Scheduler applications, and
now the OS X Scheduler does nothing.  I try to start it, it tries, but does
nothing.

Anyway, I know there are some universities out there who have been
clamoring for the OS X client, and I wonder what I am doing wrong, since
they have not chimed in on this issue, and must be happily supplying the OS
X client to their customers.

John Bremer