ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1 client scheduler problems

2002-05-01 17:47:56
Subject: TSM 4.2.1 client scheduler problems
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:48:14 -0500
We have just upgrade our AIX TSM server to 4.2.1.13.  Some of our users have
upgraded the clients (AIX and Solaris) to 4.2.1.X (whatever is @LATEST).

A strange thing is happening, for clients using the scheduler, that have
a pre and post schedule command defined.  When the scheduler fires off, it
does not send any files, it just runs the pre/post schedule (rc=0) and ends.

If we remove the pre/post schedule, the scheduler backs up files normally.
Presently, the pre/post schedule commands don't run anything on the clients
we have tested, they just exit (they are actually just templates of things to
be defined later).  The clients did not have this problem at 4.1.3.

Anyone seen this problem?

For now, we have removed the pre/post from the problem clients, but this will
be a glitch in the future.

thanks,

Bob