ADSM-L

copy storage pools

2002-04-30 15:17:19
Subject: copy storage pools
From: Rob Schroeder <robs AT FAMOUSFOOTWEAR DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:16:46 -0500
Here is my dilemma.  I have 50 Win2k servers.  Our auditors demand a
complete disaster recovery plan, and I only have one data center.  I have
about 2 terabytes of data active.  There are a couple oracle servers, sql
servers, data servers and a whole bunch of application servers.  I cannot
duplicate 60 3590E tapes everyday with a backup storage pool command.  I
also cannot specify 50 generate backup sets and expect my operators to do
it right, much less promptly.  Yet, I still need to have offsite copies of
my data.  You may say that's the cost of doing infinite incrementals, but
tell that to the companies using TSM that worked in the WTC, or had their
building ruined by a tornado last week, or the one that will burn to the
ground next week from arson.  Am I supposed to gamble my billion dollar
business on that?

Rob Schroeder
Famous Footwear
robs AT famousfootwear DOT com