ADSM-L

Management Class problem

2002-04-26 11:59:24
Subject: Management Class problem
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:59:24 -0400
I have TSM server 4.2.1.10 on AIX 4.3.3 ML09.  I have AIX clients TSM
4.2.1.23 and NT clients 4.2.1.20.  This is a new setup, has been running
a few months.  I just noticed that "some" of the data from these clients
is being bound to mgt class "NTWCLASS" and not to the default  Class.

I double checked the ACTIVE management class and backup copy groups.
The "DEFAULTCLASS" is the default and NTWCLASS is not.  (I have
setup NTWCLASS, but not using it yet - or I thought not!!).  I do not have ANY
CLIENTOPSETS defined.  I do not have these copygroups using each
other as "NEXT".  I checked the dsm.opt and dsm.sys and backup.excl
files and I am not using this class.  Using default or other special classes.

Notice I said "some" of the data is going to wrong class, some of it is going
to correct class. It is not clear on the data as to the pattern of what's going
to wrong place.

This data should all be bound to "default".  Whats's the deal?

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 04/26/02 12:13:55
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.