ADSM-L

3583 with San Data Gateway- latest Information

2002-04-25 14:57:45
Subject: 3583 with San Data Gateway- latest Information
From: Anthony Wong <awong AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:57:33 -0700
The following information come from our TSM device drvier developer.

FOR TSM server 4.2.1.15  ( the latest fix)  should contains adsmscsi.sys
version 4.2.1.17 or later

With this TSM server and device driver level

W2K customer has 2 options

1. For customer need RSM and TSM server , use IBM native device driver and
have RSM  take control the changer , deveice name \\.\changer? and \\.
\tape?  will display in server utility
    For others IBM/non-IBM devices, use adsmscsi.sys
( make sure to exclude LTO control by adsmcsci.sys in the server utility)

2. FOR customer do not use RSM, disable RSM claim the changer and library
and use adsmscsi.sys only , device name lbx.x.x.x  and mtx.x.x.x  will
display in server utility

For TSM 5.1.0

NTx customer  only has  1 option

1.  use only latest native driver for LTO for drive and library, server
utility will display lbx.x.x.x and mt.0.0.0
  ( YES) you will not see \\.\tape or \\.\changer even though native driver
is in use.
  If need to use ADSMscsi.sys , then  make sure to exclude LTO control by
adsmcsci.sys in the server utility

Again, I will keep posting up-to-date and make sure latest information is
available to customer.

Please feel free to reply for more comments , questions ^_^.

Tivoli Storage Management Function Verification Test , FVT Automation
Project Lead
Office:408-256-3312 Home:650-757-1661 Cell:415-218-7880 AIM:smartbluewong
Dept Y0LA /Bldg 050-3 / Office 3A64
IBM SSG Division 46