ADSM-L

Re: Destroy old MagStar tapes?

2002-04-25 12:48:39
Subject: Re: Destroy old MagStar tapes?
From: Jim Doll <James_W._Doll AT NEWYORKLIFE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:37:53 -0400
If you plan to toss them. Use a strong electro magnet Should screw up the
tracking (That's what we did with our old Magstar 3480/90 & reel tapes.)
Or what our tape librarian suggested a sledge hammer.   We charged  $1 a
tape on our United Way activity day,   Was a interesting Activity.  (Made
more money then the hole-in-one activity).

If you plan to sell them (not sure what the market for used magstar tapes
is) Have the vendor you sell them to certify the reformatting of the tape.

Jim