ADSM-L

Re: Consolidating TSM servers.

2002-04-25 05:57:50
Subject: Re: Consolidating TSM servers.
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:57:31 +0200
There is no way (AFAIK), to export/import the database information
only, without exporting/importing the data.

This is a major deficiency of TSM, which not only occurs when
consolidating TSM servers, but also when consolidating TSM clients:
When transfering a huge filespace from one client to another, you
essentially run into the same problem, even if the TSM server remains
the same.

The ability to export/import the database information for
the whole TSM server
a specific client
a specific filespace of a specific node
without exporting/importing the data itself, would help.

Reinhard

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet