ADSM-L

Re: 3570-B11 - I've gota be doing something wrong

2002-04-25 02:06:55
Subject: Re: 3570-B11 - I've gota be doing something wrong
From: Mahesh Prasad <mahesh AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:38:28 +0530
Hello Jack,

First confirm that your 3570-B11 library is not set at 'Manual' mode. Put
it to 'Automatic' or 'Random' if you want your NT system to have a control
on the library.

Then, set the library configuration to 'Base', if you want to use both
drives as a single library. Now it is set at 'Split' configuration.

Both the setting can be changed from the 'operator panel' in front of the
library assembly.

Regards,

Mahesh Prasad
DCM Data Systems Limited
New Delhi, India

                    "Coats, Jack"
                    <Jack.Coats@BANKSTE        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    RLING.COM>                 cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:            Subject:     3570-B11 - I've
gota be doing
                    Dist Stor Manager"         something wrong
                    <[email protected]

                    04/25/2002 02:39 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

I have a 'hand me down' 3570-B11, 2 drives, 20 slots, hanging off of an
NT 4 system running TSM 4.1.3.  This unit was previously being used on
an AS400 within this company.

I found 3 sets of drivers for NT on the IBM site, and I downloaded them.
The only one that came near working is IBM Device Drivers 1.1.7.5
for the Magstar.

Now my issues:

1) Is there some special option on the 3570 I need to use it with NT?

2) The system sees the drives, and the library.  But it will not write
on the tapes, or load tapes into the tape drives.

3) The library appears as a 'split' library, with 10 tapes allocated to
each
of
the two tape drives, not like a shared library.  I would like to use it
as a single library with 12 slots.

4) The library has a bar code reader in it, but the drivers in NT don't
seem
to recognize it.

... These are my troubles.  Any suggestions? .. Thanks ... Jack