ADSM-L

Re: Expiring specific files

2002-04-23 17:36:51
Subject: Re: Expiring specific files
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:36:32 -0500
Nope.. sorry .. I didn't include any specific info..
TSM Server 4.2.1.7 running on AIX 433
the node in question is Netware 4.11 running TSM B/A Client for Netware
4.1.3.0.
It is an application and fileserver, so no, there is a LOT more stuff on
this filespace than just the files I want to expire off.

Todd

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          David Longo         |
|        |          <David.Longo@HEALTH-|
|        |          FIRST.ORG>          |
|        |          Sent by: "ADSM: Dist|
|        |          Stor Manager"       |
|        |          <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED|
|        |          U>                  |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          04/23/02 03:55 PM   |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "ADSM: Dist Stor    |
|        |          Manager"            |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                          |
  |      cc:
                                   |
  |      Subject:     Re: Expiring specific files
                                   |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

If this was a unix platform AND the files are the ONLY thing in a
filesystem (filespace) then just use DELETE FILESPACE on the TSM
server would be simplest way.

David Longo

>>> Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG 04/23/02 04:32PM >>>
I have a bunch of files that have been backed up in one directory on this
node that we no longer need to keep.  These files all have unique names,
but share the extension of .prt.  There is a very large number of inactive
versions (simply because these are temporary files that get deleted each
day).  I would like to find a way to expire the files in this folder.

Is there a command to do this? or do I have to change the management class
for this file to a dummy management class/backup copy group (say, "nohold"
set to 1, 0, 0, 0)?

If I have to change the management class, what are the steps I need to do
to accomplish this?  Is it simply...

Create new management class/backup copy group (call it nohold)?
modify the options file for this node to have an "include <path>\*.prt
nohold"
and then run an incremental

Is that basically it?

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 04/23/02 17:09:31
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular
entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views
or opinions.