ADSM-L

3583 with San Data Gateway

2002-04-23 14:56:05
Subject: 3583 with San Data Gateway
From: John <rs6000 AT BTINTERNET DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:55:00 +0100
TSM'ers I need help

I am trying to configure the above on an Xseries box running Win2K advanced
server. All the correct drivers have been used and all the components are at
the correct firmware levels.

All devices in the solution are connected to a 2109 S16

The problems I have encountered are as follows:

1. The windows device manager always shows an exclamation mark next to the SDG
(Will not properly recognise it or configure it).
2. When trying to configure the drives and library into TSM, it will not work
using the Windows 2000 element addressing but rather the generic addressing.
This subsequently causes checkin libvol to fail (I think!)

If any of you guys have ever configured something akin to this environment you
may be able to help me answer a couple of questions:

1. Based on the above, does anything immediately come to mind, from your
experience?
2. With the tape drives in the 3583 being SCSI but the attachment being Fiber,
must the TSM server "see" the drives as SCSI of fiber drives?

I know this may all sound rather vague but its the best way I could try and
explain it...

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
John