ADSM-L

Re: expiring object

2002-04-23 07:55:36
Subject: Re: expiring object
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:44:01 -0400
> Our client version is 1.1.2.
>
> The command: DOMDSMC QUERY DBB * /SUBDIR=YES" shows all the file with
subdir
> that have been backed up. But only one version is shown.
>
> I'm not sure how to use the Show version command ? where do i use it....
I'm
> not familiar with command line...

Michael,

To show all versions try this:

   DOMDSMC QUERY DBB * /SUBDIR=YES /INACTIVE

This command will show all versions (active and inactive)
of all database backups that you have on your TSM Server.
That gives you the "client" view of the backups.

To get the TSM Server view of the backups, you will need
to have your TSM Server administrator run the following
command on the TSM Server:

   SHOW VERSION nodename *

"nodename" should be the nodename that you use for your
TDP for Domino client (specified in the DSM.OPT file.)
Again, this is a TSM Server command, not a TDP for Domino command.
This will also show which management class the objects are bound to.
(By the way, this view will show 2 TSM Server objects for each
database backup, one is a data object, the other a meta object.)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.