ADSM-L

Re: Consolidating TSM servers.

2002-04-23 02:44:40
Subject: Re: Consolidating TSM servers.
From: "Don France (TSMnews)" <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:45:18 -0700
If you stay on the same platform-OS, all you need to do is shutdown (old
server) after a final DB backup, move the HW connections to the new server,
restore DB, and you're finished.  Remember to copy the dsmserv.dsk (filesystems
for all TSM server files -- db, log, disk pool vols, logical volumes,
path-names), as well as volhist, devcfg and dsmserv.opt;  move/re-org
filesystems *after* the move.  Many other posts confirm this approach, have
personally done it on AIX since v2 days.

Regards,

Don France
Technical Architect - Tivoli Certified Consultant

Professional Association of Contract Employees (P.A.C.E.)
San Jose, CA
(408) 257-3037
don_france AT att DOT net