ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 3.1 - really need some assistance

2002-04-22 13:39:02
Subject: Re: ADSM 3.1 - really need some assistance
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:38:34 -0400
Stuart,

Not to pick on you (not to mention that this could be a fairly complex
issue), but did you do a "help anr0207e" on your ADSM server?  It indicates
to look for other error messages.  Look in your actlog for other errors,
both at the same timestamp and on the same database volume - F:
\ADSM_SERVER\DB\DB5.DSM.  Let us know what other errors you're getting, and
we may be able to help more.  I won't make any guesses from this point, but
I do have a feeling of what may have happened.

The ADSM/TSM online help is often actually, well, helpful.  I'm amazed at
how many questions from people I can answer just by looking at the help and
following what it says to do.  And I'm amazed at how people think I'm so
smart when I can find the answers so quickly.  Sometimes interpreting what
the help screen says takes some doing, but quite often it's pretty plain
and simple.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.