ADSM-L

V3.1 clients on V4.2 server OK?

2002-04-18 21:11:25
Subject: V3.1 clients on V4.2 server OK?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:11:42 -0500
We are about to (finally) upgrade our server to 4.2, but we have a lot
of V3.1 clients. Will they continue to work? I sure hope so, because I'd
like to follow the recommendation in the TSM manuals which is to upgrade
the server first, and then the clients, however I've heard rumors of
problems in this area. The client platforms are MS Win32, AIX, Solaris,
Mac...

Will the new V5.1 client for Mac OSX work with a V4.2 server?

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====