ADSM-L

DB & Recovery Log Copies

2002-04-18 14:27:24
Subject: DB & Recovery Log Copies
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:27:28 -0400
Hello!

I have a test and a production system that were previously managed by two
different groups.  The test system has the DB and Recovery Log Volumes with
copies of the volumes, but on production there are none.  I have 18 volumes
for the DB and only 1 volume for the recovery log. I was under the
impression that these volumes are very important when problems arise.  I do
back up the DB every day and I delete the volume history after 180 days.
Does anyone have any suggestions/comments on the idea of copying the
volumes of the DB and the Recovery Log?  I was also wondering if users use
the spacetrigger feature on TSM or do you use other methods to extend these
two things when they become full?  I'd appreciate any ideas!  Thanks!!!

Joni Moyer
Associate Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338