ADSM-L

Re: SAN Problem - TDP for SAP on Windows 2000

2002-04-18 07:53:45
Subject: Re: SAN Problem - TDP for SAP on Windows 2000
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:56:31 +0200
Hi Gerrit/Paul,

Here is an extract from the readme.txt that comes with the
QLOGIC drivers for NT:
2. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and follow the tree structure down to
      the QLogic driver as follows:

          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
             SYSTEM
                CurrentControlSet
                   Services
                      Ql2200
                         Parameters
                            Device

   3. Double click on

          MaximumSGList:REG_DWORD:0x21

   4. Enter a value from 16 to 255 (0x10 hex to 0xFF).  A value of
      255 (0xFF) enables the maximum 1 MByte transfer size.  Setting
      a value higher than 255 results with the default of 64K
      transfers.  The default value is 33 (0x21).

Cheers
Christo
-
-
Been here, seen this, fixed this.  Actually we found the solution on the
Been here, seen this, fixed this.  Actually we found the solution on the
Knowledge base but the answer in the knowledge base is wrong.  Sorry, I do
not remember the KB solution number, but this is what you have to do.

The default in the Device\Parameters section for the Qlogic card defaults to
0x21.  The KB says to change it to at least 131 from 21.  What it meant to
say is 131 decimal.  We set it to 255 or 0xFF and now the SAN agent works
fine.  The issue is the tape header blocks are read/written as one on the
SAN agent apparently differently than the server.  The result is what you
see.  The keyword to set is MaximumSGList.  Sorry I cannot remember the HKEY
for this.