ADSM-L

Re: Veritas/Legato/ArcServ

2002-04-18 02:16:11
Subject: Re: Veritas/Legato/ArcServ
From: robert <robert AT PLCS DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 03:22:34 -0400
Hi,

I can tell you about Arcserve...
With Arcserve you do a full / incrementals unless the server is small
then just full. So you see a lot of space waste.
There are about 11 month, 4 year and 7 week tapes so adds up to 22
tapes per server (there is no extra copy for when a tape goes bad).

With collocation on TSM restores are faster then the Arcserve...
solution (which also depends on the tape technology your using on both
accounts). Without collocation restores times are mostly equal,
dependend on the amount of files (less is faster, more is slower).
But then restores should be much faster with TSM version 5.1
and its multiple restore streams.

Regards,

Robert Brilmayer