ADSM-L

Re: 5.1 Client cluster support

2002-04-17 12:14:49
Subject: Re: 5.1 Client cluster support
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:44:35 -0400
Steve, I am not very familiar with the HACMP implementation. However, I
forwarded your questions to one of the developers who worked on HACMP, and
I have imbedded his answers below (between the "START" and "END" OF
ANSWERS:

==================== START OF ANSWERS ====================

The CLUSTERNODE option must therefore imply that the host name is not
combined with the password when it is encrypted (? security hole)
<<

Not really..the pswd file will still not work on any arbitrary
system...only on machines within the cluster.

Does the AIX 4.3.3 support require HACMP?
<<

Yes, HACMP 4.4 or later is required.

Should it work with other HA software even if not supported?
<<

No, we depend on certain HACMP APIs.

When can we expect Sun/Veritas support?
<<

This is a well known requirement, but we don't have a target delivery date
yet.

Will it run on older server levels?
<<

I don't know of any dependency on a TSM 5.1 server.  It should work with
TSM V4 servers as well.
===================== END OF ANSWERS =====================

Sorry Andy, its must seem that it doesn't matter what you give us we want
more, but any clues on this will be appreciated.
<<

Don't entertainers have a saying?.... something like, "Always leave 'em
begging for more!"   :-)

I am not 100% certain about the answer to the last question regarding a
TSM 5.1 dependency.... if it turns out that there is a dependency, I will
be sure to follow up with another post.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Steve Harris <STEVE_HARRIS AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
04/16/2002 17:25