ADSM-L

Image Backup with TSM V 5.1

2002-04-17 02:37:11
Subject: Image Backup with TSM V 5.1
From: Rainer Tews <rainer.tews AT SCALEON DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:20:21 +0200
Hi together,

in addition to my posting from yesterday (Slow speed with the san-client, refer
posting no 754 from this month) i am thinking about using the new tsm-client
v.5.1 and the storageagent v.5.1 to backup a complete image from a drive via san
to tape. Because we have some servers with a lot of files and folders i think we
can get a good performance to backup and restore a drive.

Has anyone out there made the first experiences with it and can tell whether it
works?

Kind regards

Rainer Tews

ScaleOn GmbH & Co. KG