ADSM-L

NT restore on TSM 4

2002-04-16 15:00:34
Subject: NT restore on TSM 4
From: Chuck Lam <chuck_lam AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:45:20 -0700
Our TSM is 4.1.4 running on AIX 4.3.3
NT client is running 4.1.2

Our NT admin tried to restore files last week, but
found out the process took very long time, and
eventually he found out his NIC on that NT box
accumulating hugh number of CRC errors.  He later
found out all his NICs on all other NT servers
displaying the same CRC errors.  The same NICs running
on Windows 2000 showed no errors.  We called TSM
support, but they could not determine what the problem
was.  Everyday TSM would report success on backing up
the NT machines, but looking at their NICs, there are
CRC errors
Did anyone encounter problems like this on his or her
NT machines?