ADSM-L

Tape mount denied access

2002-04-16 13:34:02
Subject: Tape mount denied access
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:33:39 -0400
Hello everyone!

I have a problem here and I'm not sure how to fix it.  I have tape that has
been waiting to be mounted now for 1/2 an hour.  It is in the silo and it
belongs to an onsite tape pool.  This particular tape was being called to
be mounted for a backup copy job that will copy it to an offsite copy pool.
My problem is that since the tape refuses to be mounted, I can't move the
data off of the tape and there are no copies of it to recover off of
offsite tapes in the vault.  Is there anything that can be done for this or
do I just have a bad tape and I'll have to delete the volume from TSM?  The
error messages I received were ANR1213E for the one volume and ANR1216E for
the other volume. (I had 2 processes start for the backup copy and both
could not mount either tape, which I think is bizarre)  I'd appreciate any
input on this matter.

Thanks!!!!

Joni Moyer
Associate Systems Programmer