ADSM-L

Re: Daily Backup Report

2002-04-16 10:34:15
Subject: Re: Daily Backup Report
From: Denis L'Huillier <dlhuillier AT PERSHING DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:28:39 -0400
What's your environment?
Is your TSM Server running on UNIX/390/NT?

If it's unix then this is what I do.....
I created a script which checks many things out on the server but
one of those things is the status of backup schedules..
 Incorporate in your script:
dsmadmc -id=xxxxx -pa=xxxxx q eve * * exc=yes bebind=today-1 begint=(start
of backup cycle) | tee -a /tmp/anyoutfilename.out

(I use the "tee -a" after the output of each command I run so I can create
an email-able file when the script completes.)
Then, at the end of the script add the email part...

mail -s "TSM Server Daily Monitoring Report" youremail AT yourcompany DOT com <
/tmp/anyoutfilename.out

Of course, this all implies you have sendmail configured on your server.
If not, either configure it or scp/rcp/ftp the out file to a server that
has sendmail configured.

good luck.

Regards,

Denis L. L'Huiller
973-360-7739
dlhuillier AT pershing DOT com
Enterprise Storage Forms ->
http://admpwb01/misc/misc/storage_forms_main.html

                      "Williams, Tim P
                      {PBSG}"                  To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      <Tim.Williams@PB         cc:
                      SG.COM>                  Subject: Re: Daily Backup Report
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      04/16/2002 10:00
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

we generally run a q event command   ex=yes
you can use begindate begintime parms, etc....
help q event
fYI