ADSM-L

Re: windows 2000 cluster backup performance?

2002-04-16 09:31:30
Subject: Re: windows 2000 cluster backup performance?
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:31:16 -0500
I am only in the testing phase of clustered NT backups, but I have a few
questions.

Is the W2K cluster local to the TSM server ?

Does the TSM server also have a 100Mbit nic ?

Are there any other backups running to the TSM server at the time ?

Is there other LAN traffic at the time of the backup ?

How does CPU utilization on the W2K cluster look during the backups ?

What is the reported Aggregate and Network transfer rates in the W2K TSM
client logs ?

I have seen a significant difference in my transfer speeds for W2K and UNIX.
Unix always seems to be higher. Your numbers show a difference of 2.22 mb
per second. Fairly significant but depending on the above information it may
be within reason. A comparison of other 100mbit W2K systems may you help
find your benchmark.

Duane Ochs
Systems Administration
Quad/Graphics Inc.