ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database migration from AIX to Solaris

2002-04-16 06:47:46
Subject: Re: TSM Database migration from AIX to Solaris
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:40:15 +0300
Douglas,

Look at the TSM Administrator's Guide:
"The prerequisites for the back up and restore method are:
      The same operating system must be running on both machines.
      The sequential storage pool must be accessible from both machines.
You will have to move any libraries and devices from the original machine
to the new machine or they must be accessible through a SAN.
      The restore operation must be done by a Tivoli Storage Manager
server at a code level that is the same as or later than that on the
machine that was backed up.
      Only manual and SCSI library types are supported for the restore
operation."
This is from TSM for Windows Admin Guide but you have to find same or
similar in AIX guide.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

P.S. Either we have to omit word "sequential" from req 2 or there is one
step missing before it - all random access storage pools must be migrated
to sequential pool.

Zlatko