ADSM-L

Re: 3494 replacement (cont.)

2002-04-15 19:19:08
Subject: Re: 3494 replacement (cont.)
From: "Don France (TSMnews)" <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:20:10 -0700
If replacement HW is truly the same stuff, just ensure microcode (in library
*and* the drives) is up to date;  after you re-run cfgmgr, you just re-do
the TSM DEFines for LIBRary and DRives.

BTW, checkin will skip volumes with data if you specify scratch (assuming
your TSM db is intact -- volhist is a good reference source).  When we have
a mix of scratch and private, loaded en masse, we just run the checkin for
scratch first, then checkin the rest as private --- barcode and search=yes
runs the two passes very fast!@!

Regards,
Don

 Don France
Technical Architect - Tivoli Certified Consultant
Professional Association of Contract Employees (P.A.C.E.)
San Jose, CA
(408) 257-3037
don_france AT att DOT net