ADSM-L

Re: ACSLS connection

2002-04-15 18:22:24
Subject: Re: ACSLS connection
From: "Don France (TSMnews)" <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:21:11 -0700
Chris,

I have looked at the Gresham EDT-DT info, am trying to understand why a
customer
might want to use it in a non-LAN-free environment.

I have a client who's installing a StorageTek SN-6000, which virtualizes the
tape drives
in a Powderhorn silo;  they will use two TSM servers, initially -- so, there
does not seem
to be a compelling reason to use EDT-DT.  I have reviewed the online
material and the
latest install & user's guide -- except for SAN mgmt/monitor utilities, I am
still trying to
find ways to "sell" the client on installing it before deploying a broad,
LAN-free solution.

Can you please highlight some benefits of using EDT-DT in a context where
it's not
absolutely required?!?  (In my client's shop, the TSM servers are on AIX,
the ACSLS
is on its own Solaris box.)

Thanx,
Don

 Don France
Technical Architect - Tivoli Certified Consultant
Professional Association of Contract Employees (P.A.C.E.)
San Jose, CA
(408) 257-3037
don_france AT att DOT net