ADSM-L

Re: How do I know what tape/s my data is on?

2002-04-14 21:47:42
Subject: Re: How do I know what tape/s my data is on?
From: Stephen Pole <SPole AT LGC DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:44:22 -0500
Roy,

I agree with Juraj Salak,

And would add you are playing with fire ! Not only that you are turning a
"Rolls Royce" solution

Tape problems should not be corrected with tickering, get back the DR
copies!! PLEASE .... You will not regret it in 2-3 years. We have more than
100,000 x 3590's on and off site, most are managed via ADSM/tivoli

Create a copy pool called "DISASTER-RECOVER". We do not often use Disaster
Tapes, BUT we do!!! . All data is critical in my business. These go "off
site", of course you can send your original pools offsite as well, but send
them to another, off site storage company, this eliminates double point of
failure.

If you want more advise, you can email me directly.

Stephen Pole
Operations Manager - Senior Geophysicist
Landmark Graphics Corporation (A Halliburton Company)
Level 4, IBM Centre
1060 Hay Street
WEST PERTH WA 6005

Phone : +61 (0)8 9320 9080