ADSM-L

Re: Unload DB/LoadDB

2002-04-14 20:31:13
Subject: Re: Unload DB/LoadDB
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 03:20:59 +0300
Matt,

many people on this list have larger DB. What is your concern about the
database - performance, DB backup time, ... ? If there is a problem other
than size provide some details - version, DBVols and LOGVols storage type,
etc.
Unload/Load may help to reduce the DB but may not as well.
You can argue against no off-site reclamation. At the end through such
reclaim not only tape usage is better but also chance for tape errors due
to aging is minimized.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant