ADSM-L

Restore NSS data, Netware 5

2002-04-12 13:20:04
Subject: Restore NSS data, Netware 5
From: "Richard Seifert, Jr" <rfs AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:58:20 -0400
Hello all,
        I am new to the list, so please forgive any improprieties.  I promise I
will learn!

        The environment is TSM server 4.1.4.0 running on an AIX box (4.3
something, I think).  Client machine is a server running Netware 5,
service pack 3, with TSM client 4.1.3.0.  This is a machine that I have
just recently adopted(?) and am trying to do a restore on.  The problem
is that the data to restore is on an NSS volume and the restore just
will not work.  I have tried restoring to the NSS volume, to another
non-NSS volume on the same server and to a non-NSS volume on a different
server (NW5, SP5, TSM 4.1.3.0).  No luck anywhere.  The messages I get
back are:

04/11/2002 14:25:35 (TSA500.NLM 5.1 258) This program has encountered a
buffer underflow and cannot get the entire field.
 ** Unsuccessful **
04/11/2002 14:25:35 ANS4024E Error processing 'USERS:/TEST.TXT': file
write error

Has anyone else seen this, or anything like it?  I think I have narrowed
it down to a problem directly related to restoring NSS data.  IBM is
telling me that is has to do with the version of the TSA500.NLM in the
service pack.  Getting the same error when trying to restore to the
alternate server, with a newer service pack, makes me question that
suggestion.
        I really appreciate any help anyone can offer.  I have searched the
archives, BTW, and not come up with anything particularly helpful.
Thanks.

Rich

--
Richard Seifert, Jr