ADSM-L

Re: TSM database maximum recommended size

2002-04-12 13:13:14
Subject: Re: TSM database maximum recommended size
From: Darrel Gleddie <gleddie AT ALMADEN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:58:28 -0700
A further comment on this subject:

I will be transplanting a moderately sized TSM server from an H50 to a
7026-6H1. I
have just completed a trial run, to determine how long the process is going to
take. I used the latest full dbbackup from the H50, and did a dbrstore on the
new
hardware. And, just for fun, I ran an audit db on the transplant.

Both the old and new hardware use raid-5 ssa for the database, the new hardware
has 4 processors (600 MHZ) with 8 GB memory. For your planning purposes, here's
the
stats from this environment:

dbsize     73,656 MB @ 84%
dbbackup    03:32
dbrestore   04:03
auditdb     47:28

Both dbbackup and restore were done from a 3590 "K". And, thankfully, the audit
ran
cleanly.

Darrel Gleddie
IBM Almaden Research Center