ADSM-L

Re: NetWare, Compression & Slow Backups

2002-04-11 09:05:20
Subject: Re: NetWare, Compression & Slow Backups
From: John Underdown <johnunderdown AT STI.SYNOVUS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:04:57 -0400
Flemming,

If you try to recompress a file it will grow in size on you plus over work your
CPU, the TSM client is smart enough to know the difference between a file
that's already compressed and one that is not.

COMPRESSION YES
COMPRESSALWAYS NO (Always!)

Also, if compression is set to yes, turn off the compression on your tape
drives, you'll have the same issue!!!

john
Synovus
Columbus, GA