ADSM-L

Duplicate Archive Entries...and deleting them

2002-04-10 05:36:12
Subject: Duplicate Archive Entries...and deleting them
From: "Sutch, Ian (London)" <SutchIan AT EXCHANGE.UK.ML DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:36:24 +0100
Does anyone have experiences of duplicate archive entries
after upgrading from TSM Server 3.1?

We've identifed thousands of duplicates by running:
Cleanup archdir <nodename> showstats.
which maybe one reason why our tsm databases are so large

Tivoli Support suggests we run the following command to delete them:
Cleanup archdir <nodename> resetdescr (where resetdescr sets the description
field
of the archive table directory and file entries to the null string)

I was wondering if anybody had run the command and seen any adverse effect,
especially during retrieves

Thanks for your help.