ADSM-L

Re: TDP SQL 2.2 problem

2002-04-08 07:32:53
Subject: Re: TDP SQL 2.2 problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 07:26:29 -0400
> backup of SQL is executed at 03:00 o'clock morning and I am sure no jobs
at
> SQL were running at this time. It is relatively small system with about
2,5
> GB of full backup ...
> My last question, exactly what time-out parameter am I supposed to
increase?
> I hadn't found any such timeout value in TDP doc.

Tom,

This is not a timeout that a TDP user can set.
This is a timeout that is set by the TDP code internally.
It is currently set for 5 seconds.
This has normally been plenty of enough time to
"login" after we have made initial connection
to the SQL Server. Please call IBM support
so that proper traces can be gathered of the
failing situtation.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.