ADSM-L

Re: don?t aynone know anything about Encryption in TSM.

2002-04-05 09:46:02
Subject: Re: don?t aynone know anything about Encryption in TSM.
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:45:53 -0500
> This is what i have understand of you guys so far.
>
> Encryption in TSM is always done on the TSM B/A-Client there do you put a
> 56bit encryption key on the data witch cannot be
> retreved without the key. So they need to come up with some sort of disaster
> Recovery plan, regarding the key retrival if the
> system admins are unavalible.

The 'always' above raises a potentially critical point that I don't think
has been mentioned in this thread. I attended a Tivoli presentation on new
features in TSM 4.1 which stated that only the Windows client would have
encryption support. As far as I know, the Windows client is still the only
one with encryption support.