ADSM-L

Re: Monthly Backups, ...again!

2002-04-04 12:46:16
Subject: Re: Monthly Backups, ...again!
From: "Orville L. Lantto" <orville.lantto AT DTREND DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:43:52 -0600
I handle this requirement with a SECOND client on each machine which does
an INCREMENTAL backup bound to a management class with the appropriate
retention time.  This eliminates the resending of static data.  This is
easily accomplished with a second dsm.opt file and a second server stanza.

Orville L. Lantto
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.  (http://www.datatrend.com)
121 Cheshire Lane #700
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Email: Orville.Lantto AT dtrend DOT com
V: 952-931-1203
F: 952-931-1293
C: 612-770-9166

"Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
04/04/02 11:01 AM