ADSM-L

Invalid Password when Starting Server Console Monitor in Server Utilities

2002-04-03 20:55:56
Subject: Invalid Password when Starting Server Console Monitor in Server Utilities
From: Vin Yam <vyam AT QBCT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:33:19 -0500
When starting Server Console Monitor in Server Utilities I get ANS1051E
Invalid Password.

I'm not sure if the SERVER_CONSOLE password was changed or if Server Console
Monitor is entering in another password.  I tried to reset the
SERVER_CONSOLE admin account's password to blank, but it won't take.  Is
there a registry setting or configuration file for Server Utilities to set
the SERVER_CONSOLE password to blank?  The only remedy to this is to set
Authentication to Off which is unacceptable in our environment.

All other admin accounts work and Clients connect fine, but tape operators
are used to the Server Console Monitor and management requires this problem
remedied.

TSM Server 4.1.5
Windows NT 4.0 SP6a

Thanks for any help.