ADSM-L

4.1.0 Server Install on AIX

2002-04-03 16:20:16
Subject: 4.1.0 Server Install on AIX
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:19:36 -0600
I'm attempting to setup a TSM server for testing using the 4.1.0 install
media.
I have searched back through the mailing list archives and I see that there
has been mentioned some install issues with 4.1 if /usr has to be expanded.

I'm using an old RS/6000 with limited disk space, and the install does not
indicate any failure, but no log, db or storage files are created, and the
dsmserv.dsk is never created.

I mounted an NFS share to /usr/tivoli and installed again, with the same
results.
(plenty of space, but slow access)
Install.trace still shows insufficient space to create the volumes

Now, unless I'm missing something, I should be able to use dsmfmt to create
the db and log volumes, and the dsmserv.dsk should be created, correct?

I find that dsmfmt will create the volumes, however, a dsmserv.dsk is never
created.

Is this a bug in 4.1 or have I missed a step?