ADSM-L

Re: audit volume

2002-04-03 09:03:35
Subject: Re: audit volume
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:59:01 -0500
Joni,

What I have to do is "delete volume xxxxxx discard=yes"

That takes care of the entry for it in the DB. (vol hist)

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

|         |           Joni Moyer       |
|         |           <joni.moyer@HIGHM|
|         |           ARK.COM>         |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:  |
|         |           Dist Stor        |
|         |           Manager"         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           .EDU>            |
|         |           04/03/2002 08:43 |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|         |           Manager"         |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                        |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  audit volume

Hello,

I had that problem the other day with reclaiming an offsite volume and was
told to do an audit volume on it which did work...  Now I am have problems
with that tape.  Apparently it is still offsite in the vault and TSM is
trying to mount the volume in the silo and use it in the copy storage pool
for a backup process, which it can't possibly do.  I think that the volume
is being shipped to onsite to be put in the silo, but that hasn't ocurred
yet.  To stop TSM from using this tape I marked it readonly, but what
should I do to prevent this problem from happening again?

Thanks so much!!!!

Joni Moyer
Associate Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com