ADSM-L

ADSM server restore

2002-04-03 05:27:16
Subject: ADSM server restore
From: Bruno Bossier <Bruno.Bossier AT COMPAREX DOT BE>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:14:15 +0100
I'm currently creating a disaster recovery procedure for an AIX server.
ADSM is used for backups. I have no experience at all with ADSM, so this is
what I have in mind on how to restore the data as quickly as possible :

1. Have a daily backup available via tar or any other standard tool of the
filesystem holding the ADSM binaries and database after all backups are
finished.
2. Restore this backup at the DR site.
3. Delete all robot and drive configuration and configure all robot and
drives which are available at the DR site. Make also sure that all
necessary entries in /etc/services or /etc/inetd.conf are added.
4. Start restore of data

This works when using Veritas Netbackup, so I was wondering if someone
already tried this procedure with ADSM or can give me some feedback.

Please reply to me individually at bruno.bossier AT comparex DOT be

Thanks,
Bruno