ADSM-L

Re: Client Message - size estimate exceeded

2002-04-02 06:03:41
Subject: Re: Client Message - size estimate exceeded
From: robert <robert AT PLCS DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 07:09:09 -0500
Hi Farren,

This error occurs when during a backup the TSM storage pool exceeds its
max disk pool size. You could prevent this by lowering your HI
migration. This will cause the TSM server disk pool to be emptied as
soon as it reaches the HI limit and hopefully won't fill up all the way.
You could also migrate your pool in more then one migration stream.
Or switching on compression on your client. This causes less data to be
stored into your BACKUPPOOL.

Regards,

Robert Brilmayer.

> Hi TSMers
>
> TSM server 3.7.3.8 running on Solaris 2.7 machine. Getting the
following
> message for one of our NT client nodes.
>

> 04/01/02 22:14:20       ANR0534W Transaction failed for session 43012
for node
>                               PUBEARLY (WinNT) - size estimate
exceeded and server is
>                               unable to obtain additional space in
storage pool BACKUPPOOL.

> I have looked at the help for the message and from what I can see
there are a number of possible reasons. But I have never seen it
> before for any client and was wondering is anyone out there had had
dealings with this and what remedies they used to solve it. The
> backup eventually completes OK with just one failed file.
Unfortunately, I cannot see which one as the person in charge of the NT
machines
> is away on holiday at the moment. I would like to gather some more
inf. before I next speak to him.